Vehement silhouettes of Manhattan - that vertical city with unimaginable diamonds.
I have begun planning my 8-day trip to New York City - The plan so far:
- MoMA, Guggenheim, The Met, Whitney Museum (for my beloved Edward Hopper!)
- Das Rheingold at Met Opera (30 Mar) - It is already sold out so would need to get there at 10am to get student tickets, eek
- Smalls Jazz Club at Greenwich Village for the late night swings
- Have cocktail at Dutch Kills, Queens
- Watch Bill Cunningham New York!
- Get some vintage-inspired, beautifully crafted Warby Parker eyeglasses in Union Square
- The legendary Brooklyn Flea as blogged by Garance Doré
I am stocking on 35mm film already and spend every day watching Breakfast at Tiffany's and Manhattan and feverishly waiting for the 24th of March to come. (And of course, sorting out the US visa is the top priority in order to materialise this American dream, ahhh)
If any of you has been to NYC and know of lovely places to go, please do tell me!